I'm a qualified chef, life coach and holistic psychotherapist. In the following article I would like to share with you a whole new approach to loosing weight. This is a system that I have formulated after years of working with clients who have problems maintaining a diet regimen.
This system does not require you to count calories, drink weird powder blends or feel hungry. Instead, what I advise my clients to do requires a change in approach to food and drink but still keeps eating a pleasurable experience.
There are actually more than ten points in the system. What I require you to do is to choose at least ten points that you know that you can adopt into your daily routine. However the first point in the list is the only obligatory point in the system and it acts as the basis for all the others.
Read the list carefully and take time to understand the implications of all the different points. You can change points if you like. Your first choice may not be the ideal choice for you. Have fun with the system and look at it as a form of rehabilitation rather than a way of punishing yourself for how you look and feel.
Here is the list of points.
1) (obligatory). Drink one cup of water first thing in the morning and thereafter one cup of water before each meal, one cup of water during the meal and one cup of water after the meal. In addition drink one cup of water two hours before going to bed.
2) Always eat at a set table. Never eat standing up or laying down. Never eat in front of the TV, the movie screen or the theatre.
3) Cook your own food. Do not buy pre cooked dinners because they contain substances that are put there to make you feel hungrier.
4) Eat three pieces of fruit from the following list every day: apples, pears, oranges, grapefruits.
5) Eat four or five peices of raw vegetables from the following list: carrots, radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, onion, bell peppers.
6) Eat at least three portions of cooked vegetables per day.
7) Eat three portions of grilled chicken or turkey breast per week.
8) Eat three portions of fish per week. (Instead of meat)
9) Eat in restaurants only once per week.
10) Eat Bread only with one meal of the day and eat no more than three slices.
11) Do not eat anything with a filling.
12) Do Not eat anything that is salted. (This relates to salted snacks)
13) Eat no more than one portion of desert per day, prefer fruit to desert.
14) Eat ice cream only once per week.
15) Do not eat fried food unless it has been fried with hot air.
16) Prefer to eat food without heavy sauces.
17) Proportion you carbohydrate intake so that it makes up no more than one third of your total food intake.
18) Do Not drink any sodas.
19) limit yourself to one alcoholic drink per day.
20) Cut out chocolate and sweets.
If there are any of the above points that are already incorporated in to your lifestyle then don't choose these points to be among the ten, pick another choice instead.
See if you can adhere to ten points for ten weeks. If you manage this you are then ready for the advanced stage which includes adding the other ten points, For life.